If you are wondering if the MEND programme is appropriate for you, ask yourself these questions:
- Are you having a problem with how to deal with anger or anger management?
- Would you like some free tips on anger management?
- Do you lose your temper or get into a rage easily or regularly?
- Do you feel that your wife/partner or children are afraid of you or that your wife/partner presses your buttons?
- Do you often call your partner names and constantly criticise her?
- Have you tried to keep her from doing something she wanted to do? Like going out with friends, having a job or doing some study.
- Do you take charge of the finances – not allowing your partner money for her own personal use?
- Have you ever thrown, or threatened to throw something at her?
- Have you unfairly accused your partner of paying too much attention to someone else?
- Have you ever slapped, hit, pushed or shoved her?
- Do you ever pressurise her into having sex when she doesn’t want to?
These are a sample of questions about violent/abusive behavior and if you have answered ‘yes’ to one or all of them then the MEND programme is for you.